Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Psalm 76:11

Make your vows to the Lord your God, and perform them; let all around him bring gifts to him who is to be feared…
Do for God what you said you’d do - he is, after all, your God.  Let everyone in town bring offerings to the One Who Watches our every move.


I love how The Message translation brings an idea home.  “…he is, after all, your God.”  It makes me laugh and think at the same time.  Depression is a time for me to figure out what my faith means and who my God is.  I know about YOUR loving and forgiving God, the God who created you in his good image, the God I call on to comfort you.  But in my heart, is that MY God?  Does all that apply to me?  My sister gave me this large, illustrated, framed Bible verse:  Be still and know that I am God.  It’s hanging in a prominent place because I know it’s the lesson I need to learn and relearn.  He is, after all, my God.  What would happen if my every thought verified that?

Lord, you are my God.  You love and forgive me.  You created me in your good image.  You comfort me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment