Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Psalm 75:3

When the earth totters, and all its inhabitants, it is I who keep steady its pillars.
When the earth goes topsy-turvy and nobody knows which end is up, I nail it all down, I put everything in place again.


In depression my world is topsy-turvy and I don’t know which end is up.  It’s very important for me to identify who the “I” is in this verse.  God is talking.  God steadies earth’s pillars.  God puts everything in place again.  This is important because I could read this and seriously think I am talking.  Remember the expectations that I don’t live up to?  Here they are:  I expect myself to do what only God can do.  Ridiculous?  That word doesn’t begin to cover it.  In the light of day, I see my strengths and limitations.  I can do what God enables me to do, to his glory.  I don’t need to take the blame for all that is wrong or the glory for all that is right.

Lord, in my need for glory I also run into blame.  Teach me to use my strengths and weaknesses to your glory.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment