Thursday, April 26, 2012

Psalm 84:5

Blessed are the men whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion.
And how blessed all those in whom you live, whose lives become roads you travel;


This psalm is about the journey to the temple in Jerusalem.  In Biblical times, making the pilgrimage to the temple was a difficult journey, but the anticipation and joy of worshiping there made it all worthwhile.  I don’t think about worship very often.  My daily prayers are a tug-of-war with God.  I plea that MY will be done, or for the grace to sincerely pray THY will be done.  Worship is where that tug-of-war pulls me in to acknowledge that God is God, even when I’m unable to participate fully.  In worship there is only God’s will.  In worship I am on the journey to strength and peace and joy. 

Lord, save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil, for the kingdom and the power and the glory are yours, forever and forever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment