Thursday, April 12, 2012

Psalm 77:11

I will call to mind the deeds of the Lord; yea, I will remember your wonders of old.
Once again I’ll go over what God has done, lay out on the table the ancient wonders.


According to my study Bible this psalm is a prayer for deliverance from personal trouble and this verse is for encouragement.  The psalmist is encouraging himself with memories of what God has done.  This reminds me, like  Psalm 71, of  the faith of my childhood.  It also reminds me of my faith when life is going smoothly.  It’s important to think of that trusting faith, the faith that attributes all good things to God’s grace.  Depression does not feel like a state of grace, but what if it is?  What “amazing grace” indeed could penetrate depression and allow me to recall God’s blessings of the past, experience God’s blessings of the present,  and be hopeful of God’s blessings in the future?

Lord, you are never-changing.  Let me by comforted by your ancient wonders in my life so that I can see the wonders of today and hope for the wonders of tomorrow.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment