Saturday, April 28, 2012

Psalm 85:8

Let me hear what God the Lord will speak, for he will speak peace to his people, to his saints, to those who turn to him in their hearts.
I can’t wait to hear what he’ll say.  God’s about to pronounce his people well, The holy people he loves so much, so they’ll never again live like fools.


Depression has taught me many lessons about myself.  I am a woman created by God.  I have gifts and talents to use to God’s glory.  I also have 24 hours each day to divide between relationships, work, play, and rest.  For me, that rest must include time in solitude as well as a good night’s sleep.  When I habitually rob myself of play and rest, I am living like a fool.  I am acting for my glory, not God’s.  So here I am learning this lesson again.  God’s voice speaks to me of  peace and wellness.  The road to peace and wellness is in God’s call, including the call to rest.

Lord, I am glorifying myself when I work without play and rest.  Remind me to honor my body, your creation, with solitude and rest.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment