Monday, January 2, 2012

Psalm 3:3

But thou, O Lord, art a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head.
But you, God, shield me on all sides; You ground my feet, you lift my head high.


    Depression is lonely.  It's hard to feel God shielding you.  Depression is a weight.  It's hard to lift up your head.  Remember this verse as you lie down.  Remember this verse each time you get up.  God is with you, shielding you and healing you.  Every time you lift your head is by God's grace.  God's plan is for you to glorify him with your recovery.  Go for a walk and keep your body erect and your head up.  Take a break from thinking about your depression and dwell on this verse, matching the words to your steps.  

    Lord, it's so hard to lift my head.  My head feels heavy and my mind feels foggy.  Help me to hope for the opportunity to glorify you with and for my healing.  Lead me out the door to walk and bless my efforts to recover.  Amen.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment