Thursday, January 12, 2012

Psalm 8:3-4

When I look at thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars which thou hast established; what is man that thou art mindful of him, and the son of man that thou dost care for him?
I look up at your macro-skies, dark and enormous, your handmade sky-jewelry, moon and stars mounted in their settings.  Then I look at my micro-self and wonder, Why do you bother with us?  Why take a second look our way?


I was miserable.  I felt like I was worse, not better, since I'd started treatment.  I couldn't work and couldn't concentrate.  I drove only when I had to get to the psychiatrist or the talk therapist.  One evening, I could not avoid driving.  As I cautiously drove in the dark, I noticed the moon.  It was a barely visible sliver, and so beautiful.  That's right, I pulled over to look and I thought it was beautiful.  When was the last time you looked at the night sky?   Take a look and think of the moon's creator.  Remember that he is mindful of you and he cares for you. 

Lord, you created me, you are mindful of me, and you care for me.  Help me dwell on the moon and stars amid the darkness of depression.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment