Saturday, December 31, 2011

Psalm 2:13

Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
But if you make a run for God - you won't regret it!

    The third way Miriam-Webster's Online Dictionary defines refuge is "something into which one has recourse in difficulty."  Recourse is defined as "a turning to someone for help or protection."  This verse tell us to turn to God.  Maybe you've prayed, but you don't feel his protection.  You may be angry with God or even wondering if he exists.  Tell him!  Use the safety of his refuge to express your despair.  He is with you right now in every minute of your suffering.  Dwell on this verse and let it build a feeling of blessedness and protection.

    Lord, I don't feel protected.  I feel totally exposed and vulnerable to the world.  Help me to trust in the refuge you offer.  Thank you for the people I turn to at this time, the people who are offering me help and protection.  Help me feel your refuge through them.  Amen

    No comments:

    Post a Comment