Friday, January 27, 2012

Psalm 12:5

"Because the poor are despoiled, because the needy groan, I will now rise up," says the Lord; "I will place them in the safety for which they long."
Into the hovels of the poor, into the dark streets where the homeless groan, God speaks:  "I've had enough; I'm on my way to heal the ache in the heart of the wretched."


Both versions use the word groan.  Look at the first version:  because you groan, God will place you in safety.  It says to reveal your suffering to God and he will respond.  I've had to remind myself that I don't know of any cases outside of the Bible where God intervened personally and directly.  As I see it, God intervenes through the people around us.  It's important to reveal your suffering to people you trust:  a doctor, a therapist, your family, your friends.  Let God do his work through these people.  If you are alone in your depression, reach out.  There is help.

Lord, guide me in reaching out to people for help.  Lead me to people who are trustworthy and can place me in the safety I so desperately need.  Open my heart to accepting the help you offer through the people around me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment