Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Psalm 7:10

My shield is with God who saves the upright in heart...
God in solemn honor does things right.

Depression doesn't feel like an illness.  It feels like something I deserve because of who I am, what I've done, or what I haven't done.  Remember the lies in Psalm 4?   Depression tells you lies.  This verse tells you the truth:  God is your shield and, although you may not be upright in your mind right now, you are upright in your heart.  Hold on to that.  God's love, God's solemn honor, makes you upright in your heart.  As much as you are suffering, he is shielding you from being destroyed by depression.  He is shielding you so you can recover and be upright in your heart and mind.

Lord, I feel responsible for this depression.  I feel I deserve it.  Shield me from those thoughts and let me remember that you make me upright in heart.  Fill me with the hope of healing for my mind.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment