Friday, January 6, 2012

Psalm 5:1

Give ear to my words, O Lord; give heed to me groaning.
Listen, God!  Please, pay attention!  Can you make sense of these ramblings, my groans and cries?
    You have been calling to God, praying for an end to your suffering.  Sometimes you can't even put your pain into words.  Your groans cry to God, pleading with him to end this depression so you can feel like yourself again.  Is God listening?  This psalm TELLS God to listen.  This psalm reminds him of your terrible pain.  This is when it's helpful to have faith, even a shred, because we are to groan and ramble to God.  Groan to God and tell him to listen to you.  Know that he does listen to you.  Look for the comfort he is offering you.

    Lord, I cry out to you and still I suffer.  Please listen to my words and my groans.  Help me to keep crying out to you.  Let me find comfort in knowing that you hear me.  Help me recognize the other ways you are comforting me.  Amen.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment