Sunday, January 29, 2012

Psalm 14:7

O that deliverance for Israel would come from Zion!  When the Lord restores the fortunes of his people, Jacob will rejoice; Israel will be glad.
Is there anyone around to save Israel?  Yes.  God is around; God turns life around.  Turned-around Jacob skips rope, turned-around Israel sings laughter.


When I get a throat infection, I get an antibiotic and I can predict when I'll feel better.  The worst infection I've ever had kept me home from work for 5 days; most of my bouts have been shorter.  Depression does not work like this.  You may be recovering quickly or slowly, or maybe you're still searching for the best treatment.  Cling to God and trust in God.  Yes, even if your depression lingers.  Even if you're frustrated in the recovery.  Your deliverance is from God who turns life around. 

Lord, help me cling to the words "rejoice" and "be glad" and to remember that they're about me.   Help me to see your deliverance in my life, and the ways you are restoring me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment