Sunday, January 8, 2012

Psalm 6:3

My soul also is sorely troubled, But thou, O Lord - how long?
Can't you see I'm black and blue, beat up badly in bones and soul?  God, how long will it take for you to let up?


I was told the medication would take 4-6 weeks to kick in, if the first one kicks in.  Of course, the side effects kick in right away, so part of the question is whether I can tolerate the drug.  I am left asking God, "How long?"  We know the answer from the doctor.  But maybe the fact that medication is not the only answer is a blessing.  Seek out a therapist who can help you with the stress and cognitive aspects of depression, walk every day, and look for the blessings in each day.  When you go to bed, tell yourself that you are now one day closer to being healed.

Lord, it's discouraging to be told that healing takes time.  It feels like this depression will go on forever.  Help me to use this time to rest and examine the stress in my life and the assumptions I have made about my worth.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment