Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Psalm 10:17

O Lord, you will hear the desire of the meek; you will strengthen their heart, you will incline your ear...
The victim's faint pulse picks up; the hearts of the hopeless pump red blood as you put your ear to their lips.


Back to Miriam-Webster, who defines meek as "deficient in spirit and courage."  Who is meeker than a person suffering depression?  God is listening to you plead for your spirit and courage to be regained.  It feels like you never had spirit and courage, but you did.  And you still have them:  each day you survive depression is a day you show your spirit and courage.  Let God work through the professionals, family, and friends helping you right now.  Feel God's response to you through their actions.  Write down the moments where today you showed your spirit and courage. 

Lord, I feel so meek right now.  Help me to recognize my spirit and courage still showing through as I recover from depression.  Thank you for the people who are helping me right now.  Help me see your love for me in their actions.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment