Thursday, May 17, 2012

Psalm 97:11

Light dawns for the righteous, and joy for the upright in heart.
Light-seeds are planted in the souls of God’s people, Joy-seeds are planted in good heart-soil. 

Light is a noun, an adjective, and a verb.  It has a total of 22 definitions, 15 of them for the noun.  Light is something that makes vision possible.  Light is a spiritual illumination.  It’s not surprising that physical vision and mental understanding use the same noun.  We cannot see without light.  That’s why it’s so important to be up in the daytime, enjoying sunlight if not inner light.  Living in this emotional darkness is teaching this life-long night owl an appreciation for resting at night and waking in the morning.  I’ve never found peace or healing in the night, only worry and anxiety.  The sun rises and sets with or without me.  I might as well follow God’s plan by rising and setting with the sun. 

Lord, you created me to be awake in the light and rest in the darkness.  Let me follow your plan, and let sunlight lead me out of the darkness of depression.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment