Sunday, May 13, 2012

Psalm 94:18

When I thought, “My foot slips,” they steadfast love, O Lord, held me up.
The minute I said, “I’m slipping, I’m falling,” your love, God, took hold and held me fast.


I’m remembering my descent into depression, when I thought all I needed was some rest.  Could I have avoided this if I’d looked for help earlier?  There is no way to tell.  But notice when God intervenes in this verse.  After all the discussion of crying, moaning, groaning, and pleading unto the Lord, this verse tell us that God intervenes as soon as we realize we’re in trouble.  So, the first time I thought all I needed was rest, God took hold.  As comforting as it is to know that God responds to me when I ask and because I ask, this provides an even more comforting image.

Lord, you took hold and are holding me still.  Guide my thoughts to the ways you have held me up.  Let me recognize them each day.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment