Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Psalm 95:6

O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!
So come, let us worship: bow before him, on your knees before God, who made us!


We used to sing this in the liturgy when I was a kid.  I went to parochial school, so I had to have my own hymnal and Bible in my desk all through school.  My mother gave them to me, my name embossed in gold, when I began first grade.  At some point, eighth grade maybe, we signed our names in each others’ hymnals, like a yearbook.  It’s been comforting to browse through the hymnal from my childhood.  It made me smile to see the autographs of my classmates.  Next, I opened the photo album.  There have been many happy times.  Focus on the celebrations of your life.

Lord, you are my Maker.  You have blessed my life with many celebrations.  Keep my mind focused on my blessings. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment