Thursday, May 10, 2012

Psalm 93:4

Mightier than the thunders of many waters, mightier than the waves of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty!
Stronger than wild sea storms, Mightier than sea storm breakers, Mighty God rules from High Heaven.


My study Bible comments:  “God’s rule is based upon his control over the powers of chaos, symbolized by the waters of the sea.”  The dictionary defines chaos as a state of utter confusion.  Reminds me of my first response to depression, “I just need to sit and think and figure this out.”  That was followed by my second response:  utter confusion, because, of course, I couldn’t figure it out.  As mighty and strong as this depression-induced chaos is, God is mightier.  Picture the ocean this verse describes and then remember Jesus calming the sea.  Dwell on this:  Mighty God rules from High Heaven, calming the storm of depression.

Lord, Mighty God, calm the storm of depression.  Let me dwell on the image of you calming the sea.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment