Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Psalm 96:11

Let the heavens be glad and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it…
Let’s hear it from Sky, with Earth joining in, and a huge round of applause from Sea.


This psalm begins with the command, “Sing to the Lord a new song.“  By verse 11, nature is told to praise God.  But God is always glorified by his creation.  The beauty of the sky, earth, and sea gives glory to God.  Just by being, creation glorifies God.  I am God’s creation also.  My existence glorifies God.  Calling to him in my depression glorifies God.  My healing glorifies God.  Just by being, I glorify God.  It’s easy to see how God is glorified in a starry night, autumn leaves, or the ocean tide.  Witness the glory of God’s creation and remember that you are God’s creation, too.

Lord, I am your creation.  Open my heart to enjoying your creation and appreciating its goodness.  Remind me that, as your creation, I am good.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment