Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Psalm 104:14-15

Thou dost cause the grass to grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate, that he may bring forth food from the earth, and wine to gladden the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread to strengthen man's heart.
Oh yes, God brings grain from the land, wine to make people happy, their faces glowing with health, a people well-fed and hearty.

This is a "Hymn to God the creator."   God provides creation with everything it needs and then goes beyond that to provide the means of gladdening and strengthening our hearts.  My heart needs gladdening and strengthening.   There is one means God uses that I have trouble appreciating:  time.  I want my heart gladdened and strengthened like it's a product and not a process.  I want my heart glad and strong for good.  There are verses about time in this psalm: the day, the night, and the seasons.   Time is God's creation and it is a means to gladden and strengthen my heart.

Lord, let me appreciate the time you provide for me to heal from depression.  Let me pay attention to the ways you gladden and strengthen my heart.  Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment