Friday, October 2, 2015

Psalm 105:4

Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his presence continually!
Keep your eyes open for God, watch for his works; be alert for signs of his presence.

This psalm tells us that one way to keep our eyes open for God is to study what he has already done for his people.  The psalm tells the history of the nation of Israel; of Abraham, Joseph, and Moses.  The story reminds us that God does not put us on a linear or ever-upward path.  God was faithful when Joseph was in prison and when he was overseer of Egypt.  Reading the Bible stories of God's faithfulness reminds us of his faithfulness to us.  It reminds me of God's faithfulness to me.  God is present and working in my life, in the prison of depression and as overseer of my life. 

Lord, always help me remember that you are working and present in my life always.  Remind me of the stories of your faithfulness, so that I can recognize your faithfulness in my life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment