Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Psalm 102:23

He has broken my strength in mid-course; he has shortened my days.
God sovereignly brought me to my knees, he cut me down in my prime.

When is it time to keep fighting, and when is it time to give up?  This verse makes me think of the adage, "When God closes a door, he opens a window." Good old Merriam-Webster says a sovereign is "one that exercises supreme authority..."  The problem is, some of us are not so good at discerning where God's supreme authority is leading us.  I am not so good at discernment period.  In other words, there's not a window in sight!  The God I trust does not bring me to my knees just to exercise his supreme authority.  I don't know where that window is, or where it leads, but maybe I'll see it when I stop banging on the door.

Lord, my strength is broken.  You have brought me to my knees.  Let me trust in your love for me and discern your path for me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment