Monday, September 21, 2015

Psalm 101:2

I will give heed to the way that is blameless.  Oh when wilt thou come to me?  I will walk with integrity of heart within my house; 
I'm finding my way down the road of right living; but how long before you show up?  I'm doing the very best I can, and I'm doing it at home, where it counts.

This is a psalm about justice, and justice begins at home.  It is difficult to balance treating depression with family, friends, and work.  Here I am, an introvert with depression.  I need to be alone to recharge.  I've hit a point in my life where my energy is limited and I'm no longer able to keep plugging along without risking a relapse.  So where should my energy go?  Work?  Relationships?  This verse says home is where it counts, a definite vote for relationships.  Yet I'm in a profession that requires a lot of energy, and home is more forgiving than work.  Nevertheless, this verse says the scale should tip in favor of relationships.

Lord, a balanced life is so difficult to achieve.  Bless my attempts at discerning your word and your will for me.  Let me always remember to do the very best I can at home, where it counts.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment